1) Sightseeing + Food & Wine Tasting. “My Central Italy ▪ Bed and Breakfast Italy & More” will show you Orte and some of its surroundings on a full day tour. The Wine & food tasting will take place at my house, The Dog Rose, either on the terrace facing a stunning view of the historical centre of Orte, or inside the cosy apartment. There, you will meet one of the owners of a local farm who will present the 8 delicious white and red wines and the high quality extra virgin olive oil that the farm successfully markets. This guided tasting experience will be enriched by finger foods prepared with ingredients produced in the area and carefully selected to best go with the wines served.
2) Food & Wine Tasting. Let “My Central Italy ▪ Bed and Breakfast Italy & More” take you on a half day tour of Northern Lazio provincial areas. We will visit a very interesting family-run farm and taste its excellent products.
In the company of one of the farm’s owners, we will tour:
- the historic farm’s oil mill;
- the new high-tech oil mill;
- the historic cellar excavated by hand in volcanic rock;
- the modern cellar.
Throughout the visit you will taste the farm’s 8 red and white wines and the exquisite extra virgin olive oil together with delicious local food prepared with care by the hosts. The food and wine tasting will take place in different charming areas of the farm, both indoor and outdoor, according to the season and the weather conditions.
3) Sightseeing + Food & Wine Tasting. In this full day tour “My Central Italy ▪ Bed and Breakfast Italy & More” will take you:
▪ to discover a remarkable small city of Southern Umbria and some of the wonderful countryside areas in Northern Lazio;
▪ to taste the delicious flavours of this territory.
The first part of the experience is described above in offer 2) Food & Wine Tasting. The second part of the day will be spent in the stunning small town of Orvieto (Umbria region) where you will be taken around by one of my partners.
4) Sightseeing + Cheese Tasting + Pottery Workshop. Enjoy a full day tour filled of several unique happenings with “My Central Italy ▪ Bed and Breakfast Italy & More”. The day will start with a mid-morning visit to a local cheese factory. You will learn about traditional ways to make several kinds of Italian local cheese. Cheese tasting will, of course, be part of the experience. We will then tour the beautiful surroundings and visit an important historical and artistic small town of Lazio region. After the lunch in a local typical restaurant, you’ll have the opportunity to enter the workshop of a master ceramist who will show and explain the ancient local art of creating and decorating pottery.
5) Sightseeing + Food & Wine Tasting in A Spectacular Residence. In this half day tour “My Central Italy ▪ Bed and Breakfast Italy & More” will go with you to the Sutri area (Northern Lazio region). This “experience” will start in the afternoon when we will visit the charming small town of Sutri. Later on, we will head to a dreamy residence located in the historical centre of a nearby village. In this unforgettable setting, you can choose to enjoy:
- a guided evening wine & food tasting: minimum 4 – maximum 12 participants;
- a delicious homemade dinner prepared expressly for you by the residence’s owner: minimum 2 – maximum 8 participants. Menu to be decided also according to your preferences.
6) Rome + “Cucina Romana” (Roman Food). VERY challenging indeed, but possible if accompanied by “My Central Italy ▪ Bed and Breakfast Italy & More”:
▪ Half Day Option: you will be taken through the centuries of the “Eternal City”, receiving picturesque information and your guide’s favorite views and memories (the latter, only if you like the idea J). I will make a reservation on your behalf at a typical Roman restaurant, a “trattoria” in the very heart of Rome, where you will enjoy the authentic tasty cucina romana (Roman food).
▪ Full Day Option: much like the Half Day Option but, of course, a few more sites to see and greater details. AND, if you like the idea, I can take you shopping where the Romans go!
For more info about details, cost, and availability of each tour, please, get in touch with me by phone or email.